Position Title: Warehouse Manager
Southern Events Party Rental is a full-service party rental company based in Franklin, TN, known for our distinct rentals, personalized service and happy clients. Our goal is to create a friendly, family-like atmosphere within our small business, client-centered environment. We are seeking a Warehouse Manager that fits our culture, will be a team player and can support our growing company.
We are looking for someone to work approximately 40-50 hours per week.
The Warehouse Manager will oversee day-to-day activities of the warehouse to ensure that clients receive clean and quality equipment; supervise the warehouse staff; ensure that all clients receive excellent service; ensure deliveries are correct and on time; and be the point of contact for event setup staff.
We offer a competitive hourly rate with opportunities for job growth, including employment benefits. Please email your résumé and a brief paragraph about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants of all ages are encouraged to apply. We will respond if you qualify for an interview.
We are looking for someone who:
- Maintains a cheerful, helpful and patient personality at all times.
- Maintains a professional personal appearance.
- Has superior customer service and communication skills.
- Has excellent attention to detail, organization skills, and strong computer skills.
- Has the ability to work with all types of people, multi-task and adapt to a variety of situations.
- Training or experience in Warehouse Management preferred.
Position Responsibilities & Activities:
- Teach, coach, and mentor all personnel to company standards.
- Scheduling – Prioritize and delegate assignments to staff. Work closely with the department managers to control labor cost of warehouse employees.
- Supervise truck loading.
- Schedule and manage temporary labor staffing.
- Make sure all trucks are properly staffed for delivery routes.
- Act as the on-call person during night/weekend hours on a rotating basis with other warehouse staff.
- Product Readiness – Review Reservation Report daily to ensure that equipment is clean and ready for Customer Pick-Up or delivery two weeks out from event. Communicate with fellow staff members regarding items required for upcoming orders. Manage the loading of trucks for the next day once they are back to the warehouse. Check all Driver Sheets and count all items in and out and when they are unloading trucks that all inventory is counted back in. Check items as they come back in for damage and communicate to the Shop Manager what needs repair or repainted, so they are rent ready.
- Analyze the Profit and Loss Reports regarding fueling usage, truck rental management, payroll/contract labor, ensuring each stay at an appropriate and minimal percentage.
- Assist the OM with routing duties, scheduling, and keeping up with hours worked on a daily basis.
- Ensure that communication is transpiring at all levels.
- Train staff on procedures to ensure safety.
- Monitor the cleanliness inside and outside of the warehouse, Customer Pick-Up area, pods, and storage units. Delegate tasks in order to continually look presentable, organized, and labeled.
- Track PM (Preventative Maintenance) for the entire fleet to ensure all maintenance is done in a timely manner, including a monthly cleaning.
- Follow productivity and quality standards set by the organization.
- Keep a general inventory list of what is stored in each warehouse as well as off site overflow storage facilities.
- Continual analysis and improvement of efficiency of warehouse including equipment maintenance, truck maintenance, packaging, warehouse, and loading with a primary focus on labor control.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
- High School Education. Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. Additional training and experience in Warehouse Management is preferred.
- Solid computer skills. Training on invoice and rental software will be provided.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office/Outlook, Point of Rental, and telephone protocol. Computer literate with ability to learn new software applications. Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills. Visibility of work requires attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and discretion with confidential information.
- Pass company background check.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
Working conditions are normal for warehouse environment. Employee will be required to work weekends as needed (some Sundays will be on call), with 1-2 days off during the week. It is a requirement that you be able to stand for long periods of time as well as to lift at least 50 pounds.