Position Title: Event Consultant, full-time
Southern Events Party Rental is a full service party rental company based in Franklin, TN, known for our distinct rentals, personalized service and happy clients. Our goal is to create a friendly, family-like atmosphere within our small business, client-centered environment. We are seeking a full-time Event Consultant committed to taking care of our clients, who will contribute to the growth of our company and be a team player.
We are looking for someone who:
- College Graduate with at least 2 years of sales, marketing, event management, or business development experience.
- Superior sales skills and a passion for helping grow our company.
- Professional interaction and appearance.
- Maintains a cheerful, helpful and positive personality at all times.
- Ability to self-manage and initiate – Effective working alone, or in a team.
- Has superior customer service and communication skills.
- Has excellent attention to detail and organization skills.
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and follow through on multiple projects.
- Able to develop action plans and follow them to achieve company goals.
- Has the ability to work with all types of people, multi-task and adapt to a variety of situations.
Position Tasks & Activities:
- Event Sales & Order Management: Meet with clients, write proposals, look for opportunities to increase sales, oversee event details, enter orders into rental system, update event orders as needed, payment collection.
- Business Development: Develop and maintain prospect list for new partnerships and clients, close new business, attend networking and client events, visit new venues, stay active in knowing and assessing the competition and overall event market, reporting relevant information to owners and managers & making suggestions.
- Customer Service: Greet clients warmly, patiently and professional support clients through the planning process, correspondence with client regarding event & order changes, resolve customer complaints and report issues to owners & managers, follow-up with clients after planning process, find ways to make clients feel special.
- Participate in weekly sales and staff meetings to review weekly activities including marketing efforts, upcoming events, promotions, and other information.
- Become proficient in use of Point of Rental (company software).
- Additional sales and marketing duties as needed.
This is an exempt position. Candidates should expect to work an average of 40 – 50 hours a week and during peak seasons additional hours may be required to effectively service our clients, Monday – Friday at our office in Franklin, TN. The position also requires regularly attend networking events and client functions (evenings and occasional weekends) that will support your clients, accounts and event sales. We offer a competitive compensation including employment benefits with opportunities for job growth. Please email your résumé and a brief paragraph about yourself to email@example.com. Applicants of all ages are encouraged to apply. Please note that applicants must be able to pass a company background check. We will respond if you qualify for an interview.